Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: 19's damping material application?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well Carl Bill, you just solved a mystery for me! One of my 19's has yellow insulation and the other red! They are both ferrite. I should check the serial numbers to see if they're even in the same ballpark.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have notice that the walnut finish seems to be a lot more common than the oak. Maybe they only produced walnut in the later years???

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Altec Fan, My 1978 models have the Alnico's. All that we built in 1980 were ferrite. I think it was in 1979/1980 that the 416B was discontinued and the 416C was introduced.

    I also was looking in some old Altec sales books and see that only Walnut was available in the later models. Oak is shown in the book, but they only indicate Walnut as the available finish.

    I see a lot of glitches in the old literature!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.